Coles at The Village Bacchus Marsh has introduced a low-sensory shopping experience called Quiet Hour.
Coles has partnered with Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) in developing a program to help support customers who are, or have family members, on the autism spectrum.
Quiet Hour, which runs at The Village Bacchus Marsh every Tuesday between 10:30am - 11:30am; provides a low-sensory shopping experience by making changes in store, such as reducing noise and distractions. These changes are designed to help make a difference to customers who find it challenging to shop in a heightened-sensory environment.
During Quiet Hour, customers will notice the following changes in participating Coles supermarkets:
- Store lighting will be reduced.
- Coles Radio will be turned down.
- Register and scanner volumes will be reduced to the lowest level.
- No trolley collections.
- Roll cages will be removed from the shop floor.
- No PA announcements will be made except in the case of emergencies.
- Additional team members will be available to support customers.
For any quesitons about this incredible initiative, please contact Coles on: (03) 5366 0500