Changes to The Village Bacchus Marsh in accordance with the Victorian Government issued Five Day Lockdown – 12 February 2021
The Victorian Government has announced that the state will revert to Stage 4 restrictions from 11:59pm on Friday 12 February to 11:59pm on Wednesday 17 February. This means that during this five-day period, people in Victoria will be required to stay at home except for the following essential reasons:
- Shopping for necessary goods and services (one person per household, once per day)
- Caregiving or compassionate reasons
- Essential work or permitted education
- Two hours of daily exercise
The Victorian Government has stated that shopping centres can remain open during this time. As such, The Village Bacchus Marsh remains open, operating at significantly reduced levels to provide access to permitted retail for our community, should you choose to visit us.
The Stage 4 restrictions will see many of our retailers temporarily close for at least five days. The following essential goods and services are permitted to continue to trade during this time:
- Supermarkets and grocery shops, including all food and liquor stores
- Convenience stores and newsagents
- Medical centres for appointments that cannot be undertaken virtually
- Retailers working onsite for the purposes of fulfilling online orders
- Restaurants and cafes for delivery and contactless takeaway only
- Bank branches
- Medicare and/or Centrelink
- Laundry and dry cleaners
- Telecommunication services
- Maternity supplies
- Post offices
- Fuel retailing
- Hardware, building and garden supplies retailing for tradespeople
- Specialist stationery services for business use
- Disability and health equipment, mobility services
- Security services
- Building maintenance, cleaning
- Road transport (i.e. freight and couriers).
Although these retailers are permitted to trade, some may make the decision to temporarily close or otherwise reduce their hours, please reach out to individual retailers for trading hours.
While many of our food court retailers may choose to remain open for takeaway and delivery services, we note that our food court seating will temporarily close.
All other stores are considered non-essential under the Stage 4 restrictions and must close for trade from 11:59pm on Friday 12 February. For further detail on the business restrictions announced by the Victorian Government, we encourage you to visit https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/.
As a result of this developing situation, some of our other retailers may make the decision to change or reduce their trading hours, or temporarily close. Please reach out to individual retailers for their trading hours.
Mandatory face covering
If you choose to visit us during this time, please remember that you must wear a face covering at all times when visiting our Centre, unless:
- You are under 12
- You have a medical condition that prohibits the wearing of a face covering
- For professional reasons
To help keep our entire community safe, please be sure to bring an appropriate face mask with you the next time you visit The Village Bacchus Marsh.
How you can help
While visiting The Village Bacchus Marsh, we ask that you continue to play your role in keeping our community safe. This means:
- Social distancing - always keep at least 1.5metres between yourself ad others.
- Exemplary personal hygiene - wash your hands regularly and use the sanitiser stations located throughout the Centre for your convenience.
- Handling illness safely - cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and, most importantly, stay at home if you're feeling unwell.
- Adhere to capacity guidelines – Please adhere to retailer maximum capacity numbers which are outlined at their store entrance.
We ask for your support in ensuring The Village continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this unprecedented situation.
To keep up to date with the latest announcements regarding COVID-19, including case locations, we encourage you to visit the Department of Health and Human Service's website at https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/.
With all that said, we remain open for business and sincerely look forward to seeing you at The Village Bacchus Marsh.