Changes to The Village Bacchus Marsh in accordance with Victorian Government mandates – 17 February 2021
Stage 4 restrictions in accordance with the Victorian Government mandated lock down will end at 11:59pm on 17 February.
This means you’ll see The Village Bacchus Marsh return to its normal COVIDSafe practices.
Some government mandated restrictions will continue to apply, including face masks, which continue to be required to be worn inside at all times and outdoors when one cannot maintain social distancing (unless one of the usual lawful exemptions applies).
We have implemented a number of measures that assist us and our community in adhering to this directive including:
- All centre staff and contractors will be required to wear masks while at work unless they have a valid reason not to.
- Signage that clearly reminds our community to wear a face mask while visiting the Centre.
- Close work with local Police in monitoring our community’s adherence to COVID-19 related restrictions.
For more details on the current COVID-19 situation in Victoria, please visit: Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus (COVID-19)(dhhs.vic.gov.au)
The health and wellbeing of our entire community is our overriding objective and something we take very seriously. For more details on what The Village is doing to help keep you and your loved ones safe during this time, please read the information below.
Mandatory face covering
If you choose to visit us during this time, please remember that you must wear a face covering at all times when visiting our Centre, unless:
- You are under 12
- You have a medical condition that prohibits the wearing of a face covering
- For professional reasons
To help keep our entire community safe, please be sure to bring an appropriate face mask with you the next time you visit The Village Bacchus Marsh.
How you can help
While visiting The Village Bacchus Marsh, we ask that you continue to play your role in keeping our community safe. This means:
- Social distancing - always keep at least 1.5metres between yourself ad others.
- Exemplary personal hygiene - wash your hands regularly and use the sanitiser stations located throughout the Centre for your convenience.
- Handling illness safely - cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and, most importantly, stay at home if you're feeling unwell.
- Adhere to capacity guidelines – Please adhere to retailer maximum capacity numbers which are outlined at their store entrance.
We ask for your support in ensuring The Village continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this unprecedented situation.
To keep up to date with the latest announcements regarding COVID-19, including case locations, we encourage you to visit the Department of Health and Human Service's website at https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/.
With all that said, we remain open for business and sincerely look forward to seeing you at The Village Bacchus Marsh.